Education Editor (Freelance)
Words without Borders seeks an Education Editor to participate in the creation and launch of its education site, Words without Borders Campus. The Education Editor will work with WWB’s magazine staff and education committee to identify content from our archive, commission and edit supplementary material for high school and undergraduate use related to the various units, and develop the Web site. This is a part-time freelance position with the possibility of transitioning to full-time.
• Collaborate with Executive Director and Education Committee on the creation of three units for the beta launch of the site
• Collaborate with editorial staff to identify archival material most suited for classroom use
• Identify potential contributors and commission and edit contextual materials
• Collaborate with the Executive Director and Web Developer on the development of the Web site
• 5 years + editorial experience, including commissioning in related fields
• BA or MA degree in education or equivalent experience
• Knowledge of the federal Common Core Standards
• Knowledge of and passion for international literature
• Ability to work from home
• Experience in WordPress or similar content management software
Send a cover letter, with preferred rate, and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls.
About Words without Borders
Founded in 2003, Words without Borders promotes cultural understanding through the translation, publication, and promotion of the finest contemporary international literature. Our publications and programs open doors for readers of English around the world to the multiplicity of viewpoints, richness of experience, and literary perspective on world events offered by writers in other languages. We seek to connect international writers to the general public, to students and educators, and to print and other media and to serve as a primary online location for a global literary conversation. For more details visit: wordswithoutborders.org